At DG Dental in Dandenong we understand that accidents can happen at any time. Seeking immediate attention will give you the best chance of saving your tooth, as well as helping reduce pain more quickly. DG Dental provides after-hours emergency dental services to patients seeking immediate attention. Call us on 03 9791 1019.
In Case of an Accident
Our dentists in Dandenong would like to offer patients some advice for the most common emergency dental situations. We advise all patients to seek treatment as soon as possible, especially in the case of major trauma.
- Gently reposition the tooth to its natural alignment using your finger. Do not force it into place and avoid continually playing with it
- Lightly clench your teeth to hold the tooth in place while you seek treatment
- Avoid clenching down hard and chewing
- Do not ingest any hot food or drinks
- In the case that a tooth has been completely knocked out, place it in milk. Avoid scrubbing the root and do not place it in tap water